Looking for drug rehab near Nashua, New Hampshire? You’ve come to the right place. Topsail Addiction Treatment, located in nearby Andover, MA, offers compassionate treatment, tailored to each individual’s needs.
Our highly effective step-down model of care ensures that anyone looking for help can receive intensive addiction treatment and take the first steps on their journey to recovery.
Why Access to Treatment Is So Important for Nashua Residents
In 2015, more than 400 people died of a drug overdose in New Hampshire, according to the State Department of Health and Human Services. Our region is at the epicenter of the ongoing opioid crisis and the need for evidence-based addiction treatment that works is higher than ever.
Topsail Addiction Treatment serves as a safe haven for anyone struggling with substance abuse. The caring staff helps clients get clean, stable, and ready to handle a sober future.
Treatment Programs for Residents of Nashua, NH
Our treatment programs exist at multiple levels of care so that we can meet the needs of more people in rehab. These levels are PHP, IOP, and outpatient.
Step 1: Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
In PHP, individuals are in treatment for virtually the entire day, 5 days per week. Patients in PHP programs generally have more severe issues and need intensive therapy to start to rebuild lives that have been damaged by addiction to drugs or alcohol.
PHP is also a great time to dry out since patients spend more time with access to addiction treatment professionals. Some of the programming offered during PHP includes:
- Individual counseling: Topsail offers access to one-on-one sessions with licensed therapists who specialize in addiction. PHP is usually one of the earliest steps in a person’s recovery. Counseling sessions often involve patients seeking to learn about the roots of their addiction and making early plans for their own recovery.
- Group therapy: Addiction affects every individual differently, but groups of clients are able to share common ground and experiences. This sharing happens in a group setting during PHP, where patients can begin to build a lasting network of support.
- Aftercare planning: Because PHP is the most time-consuming program we offer, we want to ensure that our clients are set up for success when they’re ready to step down their care. We help people work on life skills, coping methods, and career preparedness so that they can easily transition into less intensive levels of treatment.
Step 2: Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Whether you’re starting in IOP or have moved down from PHP, it offers a good balance between comprehensive drug and alcohol rehab and the ability to keep up with work, family responsibilities, and any other parts of daily life that can’t be put on hold.
IOP at Topsail Addiction Treatment is held three times per week for around 3-4 hours and can be offered before and after work for anyone seeking a flexible way to get the help they deserve.
The core services offered in PHP still apply, with specialized addiction therapies added in. Clients in IOP attend classes and workshops to build skills like job readiness, relapse avoidance, and positive coping mechanisms.
We also place a strong emphasis on case management and aftercare as clients become more independent in their sobriety.
Step 3: Outpatient Treatment
Outpatient programs at Topsail are for individuals who no longer need intensive, mandated structure in recovery, but are still in need of recurring sessions with recovery professionals.
We understand that no two people struggling with addiction are alike, which is why we’re proud to offer flexibility to our patients. Our outpatient program can be anywhere between 2 and 5 days per week and include any combination of evidence-based therapies, group therapy, medications, and other therapeutic tools. Once we find the best approach for a specific case, we build a plan that works for everyone involved.
Types of Addiction Treated at Topsail
We’re often asked about the substances we provide treatment for. We proudly accept clients with all kinds of alcohol and drug use disorders. Of course, people come to us more often for certain types of addiction common in Nashua and the surrounding areas. Here’s a list of some of the main substances for which people in New Hampshire come to us for help:
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, and other forms of alcohol
- Opioids/Opiates: prescription pain pills, heroin, fentanyl, morphine
- Benzodiazepines or “benzos”: anti-anxiety drugs like Valium and Xanax
- Cocaine: both “crack” cocaine and the powdered form of the drug
- Amphetamines: methamphetamine and other “uppers” like ecstasy and MDMA
- Marijuana and other hallucinogens: including LSD and psilocybin mushrooms
Treatment Admissions for Nashua, NH Residents
Getting started at Topsail Addiction Treatment is easy! Our specialists are standing by to help you get clean and take the first steps on your journey to recovery.
Your treatment will start with an evaluation so we can learn more about your case and find out what type of treatment best fits your needs. No matter how hopeless it seems, sobriety is just a phone call away.